If you are suffering from anxiety, it can feel like the disease is consuming you and affecting every area of your life. As well as the mental effects of the disease, many people suffer from physical affects that come with anxiety such as;
- shortness of breath
- trembling, dizziness, weakness
- feeling cold or overheated
- numbness or tingling in the hands
- rapid heartbeat and palpitations
- chest pain
Alongside or instead of prescribed medication, natural remedies are becoming more and more popular these days. Many anxiety sufferers find them extremely effective at helping them get through day to day life, reducing their level of anxiety and the number of panic attacks, and also how they deal with the situation when they are in the midst of an attack. We have put together some alternative remedies for anxiety;
- In meditation you can learn how to control your breathing, and focus your mind. This will help you to focus your mind away from the racing thoughts that anxiety induces and empty your mind, giving you some respite. The breathing techniques you learn in meditation will also help preventing and during anxiety attacks.
- Cannabis oil. One of the most popular and most common uses of CBD oil UK is to relieve stress and anxiety. The natural mixtures found in the essential oil release pleasure hormones, that can relax you which reduces stress, therefore making you calm and relaxed.
- Many people with anxiety can shy away from exercise, as going to a gym or sports hall with many other people can be stressful for them. However, exercise releases natural endorphins and can really improve confidence as you achieve small personal goals. Going to a local park for a run by yourself or with a friend, or doing a workout at home can offer many benefits.